Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installation problems with AJAX on WinXP, VS.NET Express pls help

I'm sure you get this stuff a lot, but I've looked through the archives and don't see exactly my situation.

Background info:

My machine in WinXP, and I'm using the Express web developer edition.

I moved my MyDocuments location to my D: drive and also renamed it to the more sensible, UserData. I don't know if this is the source of a problem or not. Visual Studio is installed on my C: drive. The path to where I put my Ajax files is:

"D:\UserData\Visual Studio 2005\Ajax

I installed AJAX by running the ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi. No problemsthere. I opened VS is saw the Ajax tools, but didn't do anything else.

I then downloaded the AjaxControlToolKit and copied it to the Ajax folder noted above as well.

The problems:

When I open the AjaxControlToolkit solution (.sln) I get the error:

"...AjaxControlToolkit.csproj is not installed."

When I run AjaxControlExtender.vsi, but when I do this I get the following error messages:

"Installation stopped because the directory for the ProjectType value did not exist. The project type is invalid for your installation of Visual Studio."

And the tools don't install.

I then decided to skip that and try to just use the standard tools.

I created a blank AJAX enabled application, added an update panel and some other controls, tried to run it, and I get these warnings in the web.config file:

"Warning 1 The 'requirePermission' attribute is not declared. D:\UserData\Visual Studio 2005\Websites\AJAXEnabledWebSite1\Web.config 10 207 D:\...\AJAXEnabledWebSite1\"

Any help on these issues?

Thanks


Hi,

If you only installed Visual Web Developer Express ,How can you open C# project as you didn't installed C# Express?

Prerequisites: Downloading the Toolkit project requires that you have installed the VS 2005 Web Application Projects (WAP) update, available at (note there are two downloads, a VS 2005 update and the mainWAP update). However, if you install Visual Studio Service Pack 1 then the WAP update is included in it and need not be installed separately.

For more information,please check out:

AJAX Control Toolkit Project Page

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Control-Toolkit/Live/Walkthrough/Setup.aspx

Best Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment