Saturday, March 24, 2012

internet explorer 7

I installed ie 7 at home, and my (work) web apps with atlas (ajax) controls don't work, bug a lot, and CRASH ie 7.

Errrm, is anyone sweating with this for a next version of the controls? If my users upgrade to ie7 at work, I have a looot of sweating to do myself.. :\

Any tips/info?

I've been using Atlas/Ajax since the June CTP, went through beta 1 and now beta 2. What I noticed is that with IE 7 the rendering process got actually better. The UpdatePanel flicker is gone (as in Mozilla). What kind of errors are you getting? I think the transition should be very smooth.
e 7 just hangs (cannot click anywhere) and the only way to close it is to ctrl alt del it away (then the standard send error report.)
I have a similar problem, but it does not hang, with Internet Explorer 7.0 and Firefox 2.0, the update panels just don't work anymore.. the pages postback instead of using AJAX to render smoothly...
Oh sorry this was my fault, I didnt do the instructions of migration for BETA 2.But now I have another problem .. for which I'll open another thread because it is no related to this one.

I have been using IE7 since RC1 was released and have had no problems with the updatepanel or any of the AJAX toolkit controls. Can you post your code? I will try and test it in my IE enviroment.


Well, ie7 is lots of problems, i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it

IF i wanted firefox i woulda taken it. WTF!? lol they just made it internetfirexplorer


Even the simplest textbox.focus() doesn't work anymore..!

No comments:

Post a Comment