Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing AjaxControlToolkit

Hello,

I would like to use noBot, so I installed Ajax and the WAP, but including the AjaxControlToolKit gives me an error that it can't find the file

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Is there a way to manually install all the required files for the AjaxControlToolkit?

Can I find the required .dll somewhere and just copy it in the bin folder in order to make it work?

Will the noBot work if my page is not Ajaxfied?

Thank you

Find AjaxControlToolkit.dll file in Program Files on the location where is AjaxControlToolkit installed and copy it into bin folder.

Great, thanks

Is there a way of testing the noBot exept than putting the form live and beeing cracked (again) ?

Thank you


Perhaps you could deploy it to a test site before putting it on the actual production site.

Well yes... but the attackers know my live site :)

Do you know of any tools that do such attacks to test it?

Thanks


I do not...although I don't think it would be too difficult to write a test app yourself. In the past we've used third parties to do Penetration Testing on our external facing apps and servers. If you have an application or server that you need to ensure is secure, I would recommend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment