Monday, March 26, 2012

Instant Update Panel

I have a page on my site that displays one image, the user can post a comment about the image and rate it from 1-5 using the ajax rating control. The page entire page postbacks when the user posts a comment about the image. I am trying to get the comments gridview to postback on its own. The rating control and comment text box and gridview of comments is in a usercontrol. I put it on my photo.aspx page and then put it in an updatepanel. The user now can add a comment (and it does add) but the page still needs to be reloaded how to do you it to instantly update for new comments? Ive seen this on facebook if anyone is wondering where the influence for trying to do this is, can anyone recomend how to do this? thanks in advance ! si!

Throw your code here and let me see..


it took about an hour but it makes sense now! after the comment has been posted, I get it to reset the gridviews datasource and then databind it! haha, thanks thoughBig Smile si!

No comments:

Post a Comment