Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installation problems

I get this error "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\Dociments and Settings\username\Desktop\AtlasSetup[1].msi" when I try to install. Any help would be appreciated.

"AtlasSetup.msi"?

Are you trying to install an at-least-4-month-old version of it?


Actually I didn't even notice. I am opening ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi, but it's complaining about AtlasSetup[1].msi. Any ideas?

Well, if the filename has the "[1]", it sounds like it's a downloaded file by IE...

I'd do a search on the computer for that Atlas file name, remove it, goto the MS Ajax site again and re-download what you need....


well it turns out i hadn't uninstalled a previos version of atlas, so the asp.net ajax was trying to uninstall it... but the uninstall was corrupted.. i ended up just downloading a copy of atlassetup.msi and pointing the install to that file, and that seemed to work.. well at least the install finished.. havent tried it yet

I had the same problem and ended up having to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to get rid of the bad install.

-Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment