Monday, March 26, 2012

Installing the AJAX Control Toolkit

Hi All,

I've downloaded the latest toolkit but don't seem to have any of the new controls. eg DropShadow or UpdatePanelAnimation.

When I open the semple website that comes with the download, I can view the source of the asp page but can't switch to design view. When I try, I get the following message:

error creating control - content 1

Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'

I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express edition - is this my problem and do I need a full vs2005 edition?

Many thanks in advance

Mike

Couple things could cause that. Most likely though you don't have the necessary changes made to your WEB.CONFIG. Create a new AJAX project from scratch and review the stuff it puts in there related to AJAX. Then merge those things into your WEB.CONFIG. Somebody should put together a FAQ on retrofitting an existing web.config file to support AJAX and the toolkit.

It also could be that you haven't copied the DLL for AJAX and the TOOLKIT into your BIN folder.

In order for the Toolbox controls to appear in the toolbox, you have to right-click in the toolbox and add the controls by pointing to the Toolkit DLL.


Hi there,

In my bin folder for my new application, I have the required DLL(Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll). I have tried to add the toolkit to my toolbar, navigated to the relevant DLL and this throws up another error which I have put in another post.

One thing I have noticed is that uner My templates when I create a new site, I have "ATLAS" Web Site. Most docs I have read suggest it should say AJAX Website. I have the latest Atlas CTP installed so I am not sure why this is. Thanks for your tips so far and any further tips would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Mike


Atlas.dll is the old version, you need Ajax.dll

THere is a guide somewhere on this website for upgrading from the Atlas.dll syntax ...


Hi Dtaylo75,

Excellent. Found the guide. Deleted the Atlas CTP and Installed the AJAX Beta. Now the AJAX toolkit is included in my toolbar.

Many thanks for your time this afternoon.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment