Monday, March 26, 2012

IntelliSense doesnt always recongizes ASP AJAX.NET tags

I have installed the AJAX.NET Extensions. They work fine. I've also tried the Scott's To Do List (making modifications for testing).

The problem is, that sometimes the IntelliSense Sometimes!?!? does not recongizes asp Ajax tags. All AspAjax tags are underlined as if they were errors, and they appear in the error list. I can still compile and run the program without any problem. But the problem is that for example, any controls that I put inside a UpdatePanel are displayed as error, and I don't get any IntelliSense code Aids and auto Code Completion. This only "little" problem, is one hell of a BIG problem, because IntelliSense is an excellent productivity tool, and I don't want to loose it.

Any suggestions or ideas? Did anyone had the same problem?

Thank You

ckhro

Check out your web.config. The url below has some details on what should be included

http://codebetter.com/blogs/jay.kimble/archive/2006/05/19/144952.aspx

This article also references a problem if you have installed previous versions of Ajax.NET

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/01/23/asp-net-ajax-1-0-released.aspx

HTH


I think i know what your problem is. I had something just like that.

I solved it by going to the html code and cutting out the update panel and putting it next to the closer of it so it removes all the bugs, it recognizes the objects then i moved the update panel code back where it was. after that the problem was gone.

As a second solution for new items I intend to put my objs first out side the of the update panel and then drag it in to update panel sometimes i relaized that it doesnt recognize items that gets created in the update panel.

And also if i add an id tag with runat server coding i had to do the first option where i cut out the update panel to make it recognize the new id.

Hope that will help.


"I solved it by going to the html code and cutting out the update panel and putting it next to the closer of it so it removes all the bugs, it recognizes the objects then i moved the update panel code back where it was. after that the problem was gone."

LOL. I do the same way when my IntelliSense doesn't come up. However, lately it comes back. Weird.

Anyway, this is a known issue.


Seehttp://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/11/16/gotcha-lost-html-intellisense-within-asp-net-ajax-controls.aspx, and SP1 fixes this.


i have sp1. :-P iguess i was following this post little different. i have a problem where the id doesnt get recognized by the backend coding. Thats why i do what i do in my prior post.

Steve Marx:

Seehttp://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/11/16/gotcha-lost-html-intellisense-within-asp-net-ajax-controls.aspx, and SP1 fixes this.

This is an excellent workarround Steve! It solves the problem. The lack of Intellisense problem was only in content pages (that means, that they depend on a master page). If we have both the master and the content page open, the problem is fixed.

I haven't installed SP1 yet, but for now this works just fine.

Thanks a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment