Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing AJAX in VS 2005...?

Hi,

I have tried on numerous occasions to install AJAX. I have downloaded all files and installed them in turn, in line with what the site says.

But, when I re-open VS 2005 and go to create a new website, the AJAX template is no where to be seen and, also, when I am tryign to write a site the <ajax:> tags are not available to me? I can however see the AJAX controls in my toolbox?

Has anyone had the same expereince or have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

RNUK

HI.

have u install ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 RC ? you can install from herehttp://ajax.asp.net/default.aspx?tabid=47&subtabid=471

then when u create a new web site select ASP.NET AJAX Enabled Web site.

and u can use component as asp controls like this: <asp:UpdatePanelID="UpdatePanel1"runat="server">

My Regards.


Thanks for your answer Lovely.

Is it not possible to recreate the environment as in the tutorial videos as I am a complete noob to AJAX and to a certain extent .Net. So I want to be bale to follow the online tutes to the letter?

Thanks in advance


yeah, use the tutorial and you can use "Converting Applications" if u create application in old versoins.

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment