Wednesday, March 28, 2012

installing ajax toolkit

hi friends,

i want to learn ajax, i saw the ajax video available on the site but the problem is that when i open the AjaxControlToolkit.sln the TemplateVSI file is not open. that's why i can't build the toolkit

i am using visual web developer 2005.

plz help me.

Hi Zubair Alam,

With VWD you're not able to compile the whole solution. You need Visual Studio 2005 standard or above for that (as the project types are implemented separately in the express editions).

As you're only missing out on the .VSI project it's not really a loss.

All you actually need is the control toolkit dll, which you can find in the "bin" directory of the sample website.

Thisvideo covers installing (as well as adding the controls to the toolbox) and should get you on your way. There's a whole bunch of videos about asp.net ajaxhere

I hope that helps.


hi imco

please explain me which studio i downlod which is in small size, its only for vsi file


Hi Zubair Alam,

Sorry, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you are asking so please let me know if I'm not addressing your question.

There is a walkthrough on setting up your environmenthere if the video wasn't sufficient.

As I said, I'm not clear what exactly you're trying to accomplish, but, if you want to build the TemplateVSI project you'll need a non Express version of Visual Studio.

This means Standard, Pro or one of the "Team" editions. Microsoft offers a90 day trial of Visual Studio Professional, I'm not sure whether you can "go live" with it, you'd have to read the EULA.

You could also use the Visual Studio 2008 Beta, eitherStandard orPro.

None of those options are a small download, but at least a Beta2 install can give you an opportunity to really test Visual Studio before deciding if you're willing to pay for it.

I hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment