Monday, March 26, 2012

Intalling atlas on windows vista

hello guys.

today i've installed vista beta 2 (ultimate edition) and i'm facing a weird problem related with the installation of atlas.

everything seems to go fine but at the end of the installation i get the following error: access to the path c:\program files\microsoft asp.net\atlas\v2.0.50727\vsisetup.installstate us denied.

so, has anyone installed atlas on vista?

Hi Luis,

I got the same problem installing Atlas on Vista. I solved it by running the AtlasSetup.msi as Administrator. The problem is that Vista dont allow you to run an msi as Administrator, to do it you need to create a .bat file that executes the msi and run that .bat file as Administrator.

I just saved AtlasSetup.msi on C:\ and created atlas.bat file on c:\ with the content: "C:\AtlasSetup.msi" and saved it. To execute the bat file I clicked with the right mouse button in it and used the Run as Administrator option to execute the bat.

Hope that it helps you.

See ya,

Diego

hello Diego,

that's weird...i was testing that new feature of vista that allows you to run as non admin even though you're an admin (so, yes, i'm in the administrators group)...the funny part is that eveerything seems to run fine until the end of the installation. here i get the error presented before...


Hi Guys,

I was having the same problem yesterday and I think the problem was trying to register the asbx file extension with IIS7. After a reinstall of IIS it all worked fine.

Cheers,
Andy


I also tried to install attlas on vista. When I saw the message which prevents Atlas to write to the disk I rebooted Vista in safe mode and loged on as administrator. Then I got error that atlas cannot be installed in safe mode, The only thing which allow me to install atlas was to allow access to specified folder during setup. You need to find folder in windows explorer, select properties and manages security access tab,

Aleks Kleyn


hello.

i've managed to install it without errors by opening explorer as an admin (yep, go to the explorer.exe though windows explorer, right click on it and choose run as admin) and then running the installer didn't gave me any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment