Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing

I'm trying to install latest version of ASP.NET 2.0 v1.0 and when I try to install it says a previous version is installed and I need to un-install from add/remove programs. I have ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions Beta 2
installed currently. When I go to control panel add/remove programs and try and un-install it eventually comes up with "FATAL ERROR during installation". I can't seem to re-install new version (v1.0) or uninstall old version (beta 2.0). Is there a manual way I can get old version uninstalled or new version installed. Have tried on another PC and all works without a problem (have just uninstalled and re-installed).

Thanks

Discovered was corrupt registry setting/s on my PC. Ran Registry Mechanic and was ok after this.

you still have old version msi (beta 2)

try install it again, then remove it

No comments:

Post a Comment