Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing Ajax extensions

I installed the Ajax extensions, then the Ajax Control Toolkit on my old computer, but now I'm trying to do the same on a new computer. Has the process changed? I'm not having any luck adding the extension controls (Script Manager, Update Panel etc) or the Toolkit controls. That older video that walks you through the steps doesn't include any info about the extensions.

Anyone have a resource? Thanks

Can't you just open VS.NET 2005 and choose >File, >New, >Website, >ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Website?

HTH.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski


No, I couldn't. I ended up searching online for the Extensions (ASPAJAXExtSetup) which installed the basic extensions (ScriptManager, UpdatePanel, Create AJAX Enabled Web Site) then I added the Ajax control toolkit. WIthout that first step, I kept getting an error when trying to add the Toolkit controls to Visual Studio that I was missing System.Web.Extensions DLL

This site use to have some instructions for that first step, but I couldn't find anything about it.


Hi barryman9000,

Based on my understanding, you want to add AJAX control toolkit. However, since you have not installed ASP.NET AJAX Extensions, add AJAX control toolkit always fail. You concern is you don't know how to install the AJAX Extensions and wonder if there is a document instructs the installation steps. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

Actually, we have the AJAX installation tutorial in this website. I provide the link of that tutorial for your reference, hope it is helpful to you.

Installing Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX
http://asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/InstallingASPNETAJAX.aspx

By the way, you can download AJAX Extensions 1.0 from the following link:

ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions 1.0
http://www.asp.net/ajax/downloads/archive/

No comments:

Post a Comment