Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installing Atlas into non-atlas solutions

Hello everyone!

I need some help to do what I have to do, which is the following :

I have an asp .net 2.0 application nearly finished, and now I need to put support to atlas in it. How do I do that? I can't just start it over using the atlas template, there's too much already done! However, I only know how to start an atlas application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Leandro Fernandez

Your best bet (imo, easiest) is to start an atlas project, then copy over the bits of the web.config you don't have (there's handlers, additional sections, etc) currently. You'd also make sure you have the atlas.dll in your /bin of the site, and then start adding atlas stuff. easiest of course is to add a scriptmanager and then wrap existing things in updatepanels, but it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

I just dealt with this: add the Atlas.dll to bin, add the sections to web.config as per the tutorial and add a script manager to the .master page if you have one. Try implementing an UpdatePanel, that will get you going.


Go to this post:http://forums.asp.net/thread/1336185.aspx and scroll down a little. It shows the changes to web.config needed for Atlas to work (in addition to copying the dll into the bin folder!)

No comments:

Post a Comment