Monday, March 26, 2012

Installing the MS Ajax Extensions

Hi,

I was wondering if a developer should install the MS Ajax Extensions with Source or without?

THanks!

Just MS Ajax Extensions without source.


Please can you tell my why one over the other on a developers desktop? Wouldn't I want the source code version on the developers desktop and development server, then the one with no source on a production server? Sorry I am confused.

Thanks


Hi blaze6947,

The ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions Source Code package installs both the source code and the debugging symbols for ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions to help you maintain and debug applications built with ASP.NET AJAX 1.0. You can install the source code independently or use it with Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. Once the source code is installed with Visual Studio or Visual Web Developer Express, you can use the built-in debugger to quickly meet your troubleshooting needs

If you need use the built-in debugger to quickly meet your troubleshooting needs,install the MS Ajax Extensions with Source.

Best Regards


Thank You Jin-Yu Yin for answering my question.


Good day, I am trying to understand how this works. I have installed the AJAX Extensions with Source code and I am trying to debug a scenario. I'm using the Web Client Software Factory and PageMethods don't work. I installed the source code, but nothing is different. I cannot step into methods in the extension source code, I cannot set break points. Did I miss something? Do I need to be using a Web Application Project rather than a regular web site? Am I supposed to copy the symbol files somewhere? Place the source inside my project? Please advise if anyone has any help for me.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment