Monday, March 26, 2012

Installing/Adding ATLAS Conrol Extenders

Hi,

I have downloaded the extenders from the website.

Although when I attempt to add Microsoft.AtlasControlExtender.dll to the toolbar - I receive the following error:

--------
Microsoft Visual Studio
--------
There are no components in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\Atlas\v2.0.50727\Atlas\Microsoft.AtlasControlExtender.dll' that can be placed on the toolbox.
--------
OK
--------

why is that so? what am i doing wrong? I just want to use the textbox watermark for a start :).

any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.Install "AtlasControlToolkit.dll", not "Microsoft.AtlasControlExtender.dll"

See http://atlas.asp.net/atlastoolkit/Walkthrough/Setup.aspx for full setup
Colin,

I have already installed that one.

But when I've added all the controls - none of the TextBox watermark or sliding Containers - they're not there.

So I figured I had to install the Extenders...

If in fact they're part of the AtlasControlToolkit.dll - why dont all the extenders come up when I add them to the toolbar?
Interesting... they should be in AtlasControlToolkit.dll

Check to make sure you have the latest version of the control toolkit. If you do, you might try deleting the tab (or resetting the toolbox) and recreating the toolkit tab.

Microsoft.AtlasControlExtender.dll only contains the base class that all the extenders inherit from, so you won't find any useful toolbox items there.
Colin - i had a look - and in fact after re-adding it - worked perfectly.

Thank you very much.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment