Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installation problems

I have been developing with AJAX since the release.
Now I received a new client computer and had to install all software again.
Everything went fine except AJAX where I received an odd error message.

1) I downloaded the file ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi
2) I tried to launch it but repeatedly get the following error:
"A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi"

I tried to download it to all kinds of local folders but without any difference.
What kind of network error could that be?
IIS is installed and set to ASP 2.0.
Is there something obvious that I forgot this time?

i am having the exact same issue, did you ever get it working?


Yes, I asked the dotnet forum and finally got this advice:

The workaround is to use Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the AJAX entry and then run setup again.

#Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

No comments:

Post a Comment