Monday, March 26, 2012

Intellisense / Element unknown errors

So I did some searching around and didn't find any solution to my problem, so I figured I would go ahead and post it.

I think the problems are both related to one another.

#1 - Intellsense does not work - typing <atlas: doesn't have anything appear.

#2 - I have errors in my source view for <atlas:ScriptManager runat="server" /> that element ScriptManager is not a known element.

The problem seems to be that my files are stored on a remote IIS server and I'm connected via a mapped drive to that location. If I copy the web site to my local drive, then everything works great - put it to the server that error comes up.

It doesn't bother me that much, as I normally work in Source View so switching to design isn't the end of the world, but the lack of Intellisense for me is driving me nuts as I'm trying to learn Atlas and how it works.

Thanks to anyone who has any suggestions.

RichardYou can add the Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll assembly to the Visual Studio toolbox on your local machine. That will make make the controls available to all projects. Seethis post for more information.

-- Karsten
Thanks for the reply. I actually ran across that post and added them to the toolbox. I see them in the tool box, I can drop and drag them to page - but the system still doesn't know what the tags mean.

I will try it again when I get back into the office today.

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment