Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Installer Message

I had the .net framework installed on my computer and then installed Visual Studio 2005 and have been playing with ASP.net 2.0 for a while. Now that I downloaded the AJAX tool and try to install it I am getting a message that says I do not have the .net framework and AJAX cannot be installed to compatibility errors. I verified?in?my?programs?list?that?.net?framework?is?there?and?I?have?the?latest?(3.0)?all?the?way?back?to?1.0?so?I'm?not?sure?what's?going?on.?The?only?thing?I?can?think?of?is?that?Admin
privies are required to install b/c registries are being altered or something (I don't have admin). Normally when I try to use a windows installer and that happens I get an "Administrative Rights Required" message; not a compatibility message...Any thoughts?

Thanks!

JoeI had Tech Support give me admin privileges and the AJAX extensions installed without a problem. Apparently the installer was getting confused...it normally reports that sort of thing when Admin is required on an install.

No comments:

Post a Comment