Saturday, March 24, 2012

Invoke an UpdatePanel update from client script

I'm writing an application which is predominantly a client-centric application but I need to update a part of the page from a client script action. What is the correct way to do that? I presumed that you simply set the UpdateMode of your UpdatePanel to Always and then implemented ICallbackEventHandler on the page to do the async postback. I've done that, but my UpdatePanel is not updating... help :)

In my ClientCallback, I'm essentially rebinding the control that sits inside the UpdatePanel and then explicitly calling Update() on the UpdatePanel... but nothing.

Hi digory,

http://encosia.com/2007/07/13/easily-refresh-an-updatepanel-using-javascript/

Is this what you are looking for?

Wim.


It is. I was just trying that solution as you posted and it works fine. Thanks! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment